Tuesday, July 20, 2010

4th Times A Charm?

So I was 22 when I met the future love of my life.   I was in an awkward phase of my life I was overweight, unhappy, and just been diagnosed with Bipolar disorder. (Which I now believe was a misdiagnosis) They put me on enough narcotics to put a horse down.  I was in such a medicine haze back then I was barely me.  But somehow Buzz saw through that.  We became fast friends and I tried to ensure that he was always coming over to my house.  I bribed him with food, beer, and bud.  (Back then we were quite the smokers)

He spent almost every evening with me. We told each other everything, I mean everything. We were best friends.  I wanted us to be more but at the weight I was at and the fact I apparently didn't know how to put makeup on or do my hair either.  It was no wonder Buzz (at a whopping 145lbs) didn't find me attractive, sexually, yet.  After 8 months of sleeping in the same bed, and spending tons of time together, I gave up.  I met this guy who WAS interested in me so I started dating him.

Two months later, Buzz moves out.  We had an argument and one day while I was at work he moved.  I came home and that was that.  It took nearly a year until we talked to each other again.  I was going to call my sisters boyfriends work, and the first 6 numbers are the same! (I live in Houston and we have 3 area codes so you have to dial all 10 numbers) I dialed Buzz instead of Taco Cabana.  When his voicemail picked up I was shocked and immediately hung up. I of course called back a few minutes later and left him a message.

I must add here that I was down to 135lbs at that time and thought I could prove to myself that Buzz cared for me the whole time.  He proved it a week later when we started "dating".  (We slept together)  I was in heaven and so in love.  We spent more time together and he pretty much moved in after a few weeks.  I was in heaven for 5 months. Then he got wind that the "L" word was involved and he ran. 

So I was miserable for a few weeks and then spent a lot of time talking shit about him.  Then I was made to go to a party that he was at, and he was stuck like glue again.  We hooked up that very night, and started dating again.  We broke up about 2 more times until May 2008, we agreed that we should get married.  That's right, no proposal, it was a conversation on the couch.  Then 3 months later in September, we wed. 

Here we are month and a half away from two years as a happily married couple.  He just turned 30, I am 8 months behind. we have tons of family, and we also have 3 awesome cats.  We bought our first home last year, we began trying for a family shortly after, and Buzz is looking to go back to school to start a new career!  Lots of things to talk and blog about!  Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment